søndag den 28. december 2014

2014: A Year of Happiness


Hello Everybody, 

This time last year I made a decision that I would try and be a happier person overall, and make an effort in my everyday to do something to make myself, and those around me, that extra bit happier. 
So I set myself the task of finding out how to do it, without going to crazy lengths, and a year later I can tell you that I feel I have been quite successful! So I thought I'd share a few things that I did. 
  


1. 100 Days of Happiness Challenge











This was such a wonderful experience. It helped me to remember all the happy things that I did throughout the week, and was an instant mood-lifter! 
I've written a post about this challenge before I started, you can read about it here . 


2. Notes of the Year










Another thing I did this year was to take an empty mason jar and place it on my desk and then every time something happened that made me exceptionally happy (like graduating, or getting a compliment on something I put a lot of effort into) , I would write it down on a small piece of paper, fold it up and place it in the jar. That way after a year I can look back on all the happy moments from the past year. I've just done this, and it's amazing how many happy things happened this year which I had totally forgotten about! It's such a lovely way to look back on your year, and by having it on your desk, anytime you're having an off day, you can dig into the jar and pick out one note, and hopefully the happy memory from that day will lift your spirits a little.


Both of these things really made a difference to my 2014, and I definitely plan to continue the second one into the new year. Do you have any ideas to help make your every day a bit happier? Let me know I'd love to try out some new things!! 
  


Lots of love, 

Mimi xxx