tirsdag den 19. januar 2016

A Year Offline





Hi everybody,

Long time no speak. I hope you all are well. I am back from my one year hiatus as fresh as ever, and ready to give this another go.

2015 was a year of a few ups and many downs for me.

I lost a close family member at the end of 2014, but the period of mourning went a good way into 2015. 2015 was also the year that I experienced my first panic attack, and the year I finally admitted to myself and those around me that I suffer from anxiety. 2015 was the year I started to learn how to drive - I hated it every single time. 2015 was also the year my favourite band member decided to leave my favourite band. And also the year my favourite band decided to go on a break.

2015 started off a quite chaotic, and I think that set the standard for the year to come. I had incredibly high hopes for ringing in the new year, which just weren't fulfilled. I spent most of the 31st night and the days following, being sad that 2014 was over, and how 2015 could never be as great. 2014 had been such a good year - how could 2015 possible compare. Having that frame of mind certainly didn't help, but in hindsight, I realize that this may have been part of the reason I don't have a very positive memory of 2015.

With all that said though, 2015 marked some really positive times. Times that have brought me so much happiness today. In 2015, I become the editor-in-chief, and then a few months later the President of the student blog CBSLife at CBS. Blogging is my vice and writing is my outlet, so I couldn't have been happier to have been given the opportunity to take on that position. It's a lot of day to day work - almost like a full time job, but I love it. The people I get to meet through CBSLife are people who think like me and that is always something I'll appreciate. There's nothing that beats having a bunch of people who really just get you.
Another bunch of people who bring me a lot of joy are my group of friends in my class at CBS. 2015 was the year I grew closer to each of them and began to know them all better. I can safely say now that these people are going to be in my life for a very very long time.

Family wise, 2015 was the year I grew closer to my family. Somehow a death in the family made it easier for  me to connect with family members I otherwise wouldn't have connected with on the same level. In March, Didi and Mashi (sister and aunty) came to visit us. We went to Nice,France for a few days to celebrate Ma's birthday and made it back to Denmark just in time to celebrate mine. It was such a lovely holiday. This summer we also got to meet cousins who we haven't seen in a while in Pondicherry. So lovely to see them, and become closer to them now that we're all older.

2015 was also the year our lovely neighbors got a cat. His name is Ulla, and I love him to bits. I like to think of him as our half-pet because he's made our garden his territory, and loves to come around for cuddles.

I rang in 2016 in a much more positive way. I didn't have many hopes for it to be "the best night ever", but in its own way it was. I was with wonderful company, and jumped into 2016 from a sofa. I'd like to think that that night set the standard for 2016. We're just 19 days in, and already 2016 is treating me well. I made the decision to treat myself and not force myself into situations I don't enjoy and so have quit learning to drive. Maybe someday I'll get back to it.  In these 19 days, I've also found out that I'm going to be studying in Australia later in the year, gone for my very first job interview, and landed my very first proper office job!

This year, I hope to be more active on here and let you all know more about what the year brings. Just the thought has got me excited.

Lots of love,

Mimi xxx