lørdag den 29. marts 2014

Red Carpet Glitz and Glam - Oscars 2014

Hello everybody!

I know I am a little (a lot) behind on this post, but I have been thinking about it for a long time, and I wasn't quite so sure whether to write this post or not. The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2012 post still gets a lot of readers, so maybe you guys want to know my opinions....I don't know, do you care to know my opinion on the best dresses at the Oscars 2014? Maybe me being unsure about this post has something to do with the fact that I didn't actually get to watch the Oscars in all its glory, but either way, my fingers were aching to blog this weekend, and so I thought I'd give it a try never the less.
Lets get started, here are my top 5 dresses from the red carpet at the Oscars 2014.


So firstly we have the absolutely stunning Lupita Nyong'o, sporting a light blue gown. Very cinderella-esque! I would have never imagined the colour to go with the colour of her skin, but it goes perfectly. And by accessorizing the look with golden jewlery, made Lupita look just like the princess she was that night. The beautiful "12 Years A Slave" actress is wearing a plunging Prada gown, and a simple and elegant crystal hairband. Perfect winner for best dressed!


 If you know me well, you will know that I have a massive girl crush on Jennifer Lawrence. Due to her history of wearing stunning gowns, there was a lot of speculation about what this "Hunger Games" star would dazzle us with on the red carpet this year. I was watching an interview where Jennifer was saying that she wasn't sure about wearing red, as she didn't want to match the carpet, but she also didn't want to be wearing orange. Just like Jennifer, I too have a distaste for orange clothing, but Jennifer seems to have found the perfect balance in a orange-based red dress, and makes it look stunning. Her fitted, strapless dress from Dior, with a beautiful peplum detail and a backwards necklace, made it that much more worth it to watch her little stumble on the carpet over and over again.


Miss Niaomi Watts, was another one of my favourites. She was clad in a beautiful fitted beaded cap sleeve dress, from Calvin Klein's Collection Ice. Sticking to the snowflake theme, she sported the dress with a gorgeous spider's web Bulgari necklace. Simple and a refreshing change from  the many other massive ballgown, exaggerated princess looks!


Speaking of snowflakes, we also had the snow queen herself show up on the red carpet. Kate Hudson wore a beautifully fitted dress with a flowing bottom  giving her the ideal queen look) from Versace, complimented by its deep V-neckline and small cape detail. This is what the epitome of hollywood glamour looks like!


In many different articles and reviews, Miss Amy Adams, often found herself on the list for worst dressed at the Oscars 2014. I couldn't disagree more. I thought this navy blue sleeveless gucci gown was absolutely stunning! Simple and very royal looking!



So there you have it, my top 5 outfits from the 86th Academy Awards. I hope you enjoyed reading it. Come back tomorrow for a little insight into my March favourites.

Lots of love,

Mimi xx